Seeing your beloved pet seriously ill or injured is every pet owners’ worst nightmare, and often an emergency tip to the vet is needed to make ensure they receive fast and effective treatment that could potentially save their life. While most of us don’t think twice about home, car and personal health insurance, many of us simply forget to take out pet insurance or think it isn’t really necessary. However, sometimes without the right insurance you may not be able to afford the best treatment for your pet without compromise, and instead you’re left with the heart breaking decision to say goodbye.
Railway Avenue Veterinary Hospital is a trusted Byford vet clinic and we are always available to discuss the needs of your pet and help you make the best decisions for their long term health and wellbeing. Our caring veterinarians strongly recommend selecting the right pet insurance cover for your furry friends, read on to learn more.
The Benefits of Pet Insurance
Designed to protect you and your pet by minimising the overall cost of veterinary expenses so you aren’t caught out financially should the unexpected happen, pet insurance is a great investment to make.
There are many advantages, including:
- The peace of mind knowing you and your pet are covered if your dog, cat or other domestic animal becomes ill or gets seriously injured.
- It could save your pets life. Many veterinary procedures can cost thousands of dollars and sometimes, an unexpected pet bill is simply unaffordable for many families. Pet insurance will make it easier for you to afford to life-saving procedures.
- You pet will receive the treatment they need and deserve, rather than a treatment that you can afford at the time.
- It is a great form of budgeting as it will let you know your costs in advance. Budgeting for vet care can be extremely difficult as you cannot plan for your pet becoming severely ill or injured. Pet insurance makes costs more predictable and much easier to budget for.
- You will save a lot of money. Vet treatments, medicines, operations and post-operative care can be very expensive, having pet insurance will help to cover these costs so you aren’t out of pocket.
What is the Best Time to Take Out Pet Insurance?
As soon as you purchase or adopt your pet, you should take out pet insurance. No matter how old, or young your pet is, an illness or injury is not out of the question. You may think that investing in insurance at a young age is not really worth it, but this really is a long term investment in the health of your pet. Similar to human health insurance, if you take out insurance too late, your policy will not cover pre-existing conditions, so the younger the better.
Choosing the Right Pet Insurance
There are so many companies on the market offering pet insurance. Each of them have their pros and cons with certain inclusions and exclusions in their policies. It is important to do your research and find the policy that best suits your specific pet. As a leading Armadale vet clinic, our staff can help you find the right policy for your pet. However, a few things to keep in mind when researching include:
- What is covered in the policy? Some policies cover regular check-ups, vaccinations, dental treatments as well as accidents and emergencies.
- Are there any restrictions on the breed or age of your pet?
- Are hereditary conditions of the breed covered?
- Are there any other exclusions?
- Are there waiting periods?
- How much is the excess, if any?
Ask Us for More Advice
If you are looking for an Armadale or Byford veterinary clinic that will care for your pet now and into the future, get in touch with the team at Railway Avenue Veterinary Hospital. We want your pets to enjoy a long, and healthy life and we also understand that unexpected vet care can be a significant cost for many families to bear. For expert advice and assistance on the best pet insurance for your needs, get in touch with your local vet near Byford, by calling (08) 9497 1547. Alternatively you can book an appointment online.